Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi everyone,

This week has been a very difficult week.  I had two papers due for school and had only one to the point of a draft.  The other was only researched and outlined.  I told everyone at work I had to have a week off of work so I could get my school work finished and done to the way I wanted it done.  Everyone was fine with that.  It was, sure Vickie, we are not busy right now, go ahead and take off, get your schoolwork done.  Yea, want to guess what happened?  It was like everyone had a problem the first three days I was supposed to be off.  What I find really funny, is that the salesperson will sit there and complain about the bosses taking up all my time, but yesterday, I got no call from anyone but her.  She called me ten times and sent about twenty texts and was insisting that I fax stuff and e-mail items and anything else you can imagine.  Then today she texts me and wants me back to work immediately to see about closing a deal.  It is ridiculous, she does not even realize it.  Or maybe she does, I called her out on something similar before and all she did was laugh.  This was the first time since 1996 that I actually told everyone I had to take off of work.  I usually never take a vacation at all, but school was important enough to turn my phone off the last four days.

Good luck to everyone who had those final papers due this week.  Everyone have a happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment: